Health & Safety
Econorod Ltd takes its legal and moral responsibilities and duties relating to Health and Safety extremely seriously.The ethos of the company is to ensure that everyone goes home every day in the same condition as when they arrived. This is only achievable through the collaboration and engagement of all staff and contractors used for works delivery.
The company health and safety management is governed by its over-arching Policies. The Health and Safety Policy sets the tone and governance of the system with accountability held by the Managing Director. The system comprises a suite of compliance procedures and associated supporting documentation.
The SMS contains procedures including but not limited to, its robust safety management system in place which sets the tone of how safety is managed from the top down.
Econorod also have the following additional measures in ensuring that health and safety matters are foremost in the minds of those engaged on the delivery of works.
- Must take reasonable care of their own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Read, understand and obey the company's safety policy arrangements/procedures and rules as issued.
- Always work in accordance with company standards and risk assessments as provided.
- To take care of personal health and safety whilst working for the company; ensuring activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of others, including members of the public.
- Co-operate with the company in all matters of health, safety and welfare and make contributions to reducing accidents.
- Never undertake hazardous operations nor operate any item of plant or equipment unless trained and authorised to do so.
- Develop a concern for safety personally and for others, particularly new employees.
- Set a good example.